Position Title: Behavioral Consultant
Location: Indiana School
The Behavioral Consultant is a multi-disciplinary treatment team member responsible for the teaching students’ therapeutic skills and behavior management techniques on a one-to-one basis. This position is responsible for the development of individualized behavioral plans, monitoring progress for assigned students and delivery of behavioral consultation hours as indicated in the Individualized Education Plan (IEP).
Responsibilities: (overview-not inclusive of all duties)
• Teach students’ through one-on-one instruction related to therapeutic skill development and behavior management.
• Assess initial and ongoing behavioral strengths and needs of students per school assessment protocols and timelines.
• Utilize nonviolent crisis intervention techniques and physically assist, as needed.
• Attend and participate in IEP meetings, multidisciplinary team meetings, and other meetings, as needed.
• Schedule, provide, and monitor services as stated in the student’s IEP.
• Develop behavioral goals for the IEP and Behavioral Plan.
• Oversee the implementation of the assigned behavior plans.
• Revise student behavior plans as directed.
• Bachelor’s degree in education, mental health, or human services related field and BCaBA certification; OR
• Bachelor’s degree in education, mental health, or human services related field and current enrollment in a company approved BCaBA Program; OR
• Bachelor’s degree in education, mental health, or human services related field AND successful completion of coursework and clinical supervision required to achieve eligibility for BCaBA; OR
• Current enrollment in a Master’s of ABA program; OR
• Master’s degree in education, mental health, or human services related field and current enrollment in a company approved BCBA program
•Master’s degree in education, mental health, or human services related field and completion of coursework required for BCBA certification
Two years’ experience working with children in the implementation of therapeutic skills acquisition and behavior change protocols.
If interested, contact: