Position Title: Special Education Teacher
Location: Clearfield School
The Special Education Teacher is responsible for developing, maintaining and documenting all instructional and behavioral programs within the school setting. Responsible for overseeing classroom dynamics and functioning of all staff within their classroom. Will work collaboratively with the Director of Education to maintain daily operations of the school.
Education: A four-year degree from a college or university and one of the following certifications is required:
• Pennsylvania public school Special Education teaching certificate
• Private academic teaching certificate
• Private academic temporary approval certificate
Work Experience: Minimum of six months experience working with children with behavior/learning disorders.
Responsibilities: (overview-not inclusive of all duties)
• Develop and complete Individualized Education Plan (IEP) process, which includes IEP development, collaboration with multi-disciplinary team members, preparation or required paperwork and attendance at IEP meetings.
• Work collaboratively with members of the multi-disciplinary team to develop/design and implement appropriate services.
• Demonstrate appropriate classroom management.
• Utilize safe crisis management techniques, as deemed appropriate.
If interested in this position please contact: