Location: Monroeville School
The Special Education Teacher is responsible for developing, maintaining, and documenting all instructional and behavioral programs within the school setting. Responsible for overseeing classroom dynamics and functioning of all staff within their classroom. Will work collaboratively with the Director of Education to maintain the daily operations of the school.
• Minimum of six months experience working with children with behavior/learning disorders.
• A four-year degree from a college or university, with a Pennsylvania public school special education teaching certificate.
Responsibilities: (overview-not inclusive of all duties)
• Develop and complete Individualized Education Plan (IEP) process. This includes: IEP development, collaboration with multidisciplinary team members, preparation of required paperwork, and attendance at IEP meetings.
• Work collaboratively with members of the multidisciplinary team to develop, design and implement appropriate services.
• Demonstrates appropriate classroom management. Utilize safe crisis management techniques, as deemed appropriate.
If interested in this position please contact: